Our goal is to make the site fun and interactive for both kids and parents. The Internet presents a unique opportunity for us to provide kids with interactive games, information, fun sweepstakes, and contests. Because the majority of visitors on the kids' site are kids under 13, we are committed to making sure that the content is appropriate for this audience.
This site will, from time to time, contain advertising material that is intended to promote Dairy Queen® store locations and promotions directed to your children.
We will not condition a child's participation in any of our online activities on the disclosure of more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
It is our intention to adhere to the Better Business Bureau's Children's Advertising Review Unit (CARU) guidelines, including its guidelines on Internet advertising.
We encourage parents to monitor their children's online use. Please instruct your children never to give out their names, addresses, phone numbers, or e-mail addresses to anyone on the web without your permission.
Our goal is to create website content that requires minimal collection of information from our visitors. We collect information at different parts of the site:
(1) If you sign up to receive information about DQ and our site, we will request personally identifiable information at the time of registration, such as name, address, and e-mail address. For children under age 13, we require parental consent before this information is accepted.
(2) Contests: For promotional contests, we will not ask visitors to provide personally identifiable information, but we will request the contest winner's first name and location to announce the winner on the site, as well as an e-mail address for the limited, one-time use to communicate with the contest winner, or, in the case of a child under age 13, with the child's parent or guardian.
(3) Surveys: For online surveys, we will not ask visitors to provide personally identifiable information, but we may ask for general information such as first name, city or state, age, gender, or school.
(5) Log Files: We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We do not disclose any personally identifiable information to any third parties, except in the following two limited circumstances:
(1) We may also partner with other parties to provide services related to our site, contests, and surveys. These third parties will also have access to information submitted. We will have agreements with these companies requiring that they keep this information confidential. These companies will not retain, share, store, or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. Parents of children under age 13 will be asked to consent to the disclosure of their child's information to our service providers for these limited purposes. Parents may, at any time, revoke their consent, and/or request that we no longer retain or use the child's personally identifiable information.
We may share aggregated demographic information (data that cannot identify any individual person) with our partners and advertisers.
Parents of children under age 13 may access their child's information by contacting DQKids@idq.com.
Parents may review, make changes to, or delete personal information about their child from our records at any time by contacting DQKids@idq.com.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website. You will be notified via a pop-up window when you have clicked on something that requires departure of the website. IDQ is not responsible for any interaction or activity past this point.
This website takes precautions by obfuscating data in order to protect our users' information. In addition, firewalls provide security for the site and the user data repository. We also take precautions to maintain the security of information maintained off-line.